Brightdrop is adding Mexico as the next country to receive its electric vans.
- BrightDrop will offer two electric delivery vans in Mexico: the BrightDrop Zevo 400 and BrightDrop Zevo 600
- The tech company has expanded its footprint in North America, with products and services for customers in the United States, Canada and Mexico
- BrightDrop’s electric vans are powered by GM’s Ultium Platform
Detroit – BrightDrop is taking on North America by adding Mexico as the next country to receive its electric vans. With products in the United States, Canada and soon to be Mexico, GM’s e-delivery tech business is helping commercial fleet customers with their electrification needs across the continent.
The first two products coming to Mexico are BrightDrop’s flagship electric vans: the BrightDrop Zevo 400 and BrightDrop Zevo 600.
BrightDrop launched in the U.S. in 2021 to provide smarter, safer and more sustainable solutions that help decarbonize the movement of goods and services. Following a successful launch delivering real results to some of the world’s biggest brands, BrightDrop expanded its business to Canada in late 2022 where it continues to gain strong demand.
BrightDrop EVs are built at GM’s CAMI Assembly plant in Ontario, Canada, the nation’s first large-scale EV factory. After completing the fastest plant conversion in GM’s history, production of the Zevo 600 is ramping up with the Zevo 400 on track to begin in the next few months.
BrightDrop Zevos will be available for customers to order in Mexico starting later this year.
“Bringing BrightDrop’s products to Mexico is a key move in our mission to decarbonize delivery globally, while helping customers take advantage of the economic benefits of going electric. Electrifying vehicle fleets can positively impact the environment and companies’ bottom lines. By bringing BrightDrop solutions closer to our customers throughout North America, we can help make the EV transition as seamless as possible.”Steve Hornyak, chief commercial officer, BrightDrop.
“We are proud to introduce an unprecedented vehicle to the Mexican market. Its combination of advanced safety offerings, convenience features and best-in-class range make it the ideal option for our customers. Today’s announcement reaffirms our commitment to achieve a zero-emissions future.”Paco Garza, president and managing director, GM Mexico.
BrightDrop Zevo 400 and BrightDrop Zevo 600 to Mexico
BrightDrop’s Zevo electric commercial vehicles are purpose-built to help drive operational efficiencies and maximize productivity for companies moving goods and services. These vehicles combine zero tailpipe emissions with a range of advanced safety and driver assistance features that are more commonly found in consumer vehicles than in commercial vehicles. This helps commercial customers achieve their sustainability goals while protecting drivers, pedestrians and cargo. Key features and benefits include:
- 17-inch painted steel wheels with all season tires
- Heated and power adjustable outside rear view mirrors
- LED headlamps with IntelliBeam auto high beams
- Lower step-in heights to help ease driver ingress and egress
- Front cabin single zone HVAC with auto temp
- 6-way manual driver seat with adjustable head cushion
- Cloth interior
- Passenger jump seat with side roof rail and side impact air bags
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Braking
- Blind Zone Steering Assist
- HD Surround Vision
- Forward Collision Alert
- Adaptative Cruise Control
- Safety Alert Seat
- Reverse Automatic Braking
- Following Distance Indicator
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Speed Limit Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- 2 motion sensing LED lights in the rear cargo area
- Manual garage style rear cargo door
- Theft deterrent system
- Powered by GM’s Ultium Platform
- Large infotainment and driver information center displays
Customers will be able to configure the Zevo 400 or Zevo 600 based on their specific needs. Front or all-wheel drive is available along with different battery range options.
Dimensions and capacities
|Specification||Zevo 400 AWD||Zevo 600 AWD|
|Cargo Volume (m3)||11.7||17.4|
|Payload (weight-kilograms) – available for box and product||20 MoD AWD – 1,256 kg||20 MoD AWD – 1,080 kg|
|Overall Length (mm)||6061||7366|
|Overall Height (mm)||2772||2763|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) (kg)||4990||4990|
Zevo Range and Charging Times
Powered by GM’s Ultium Platform, a flexible battery architecture for EVs across different vehicle types with outstanding power, range and performance, BrightDrop’s Zevo 400 and Zevo 600 have an estimated range of up to 250 miles on a full charge2; and peak charge rate of up to 160 miles of EV range per hour via 120kW DC fast charging.
BrightDrop EVs are built at GM’s CAMI Assembly plant in Ontario, Canada, the nation’s first large-scale EV facility.
BrightDrop’s electric vans will be available for customers to order through GM Mexico starting later this year, with aftersales service provided by select GM Mexico dealers.